Wednesday, April 28, 2010

This is for YOU!

HOW COULD I HAVE BEEN SO BLIND FOR 30 YEARS? I'VE READ THIS VERSE COUNTLESS TIMES AND I NEVER ONCE ACTUALLY BELIEVED IT. Yes, this blog is going to be somewhat of a sermon because I just can't keep this kind of Truth to myself. I am praying God will open your eyes and make you hungry for it so that you, too, can feast on what is right in front of you and be free.

2 Corinthians 4: 7-12 ( Don't quit reading now just because I'm quoting the Bible. This is the good stuff. Give it a chance for your own sake.)

"But we have this treasure in clay jars, so that it will be evident that such overwhelming power comes from God and not from us. We have all kinds of troubles, but we are not crushed; we are perplexed, yet not in despair; persecuted, yet not abandoned; knocked down, yet not destroyed. We always carry in our bodies the dying of Yeshua( Jesus Christ), so that the life of Yeshua (Jesus Christ) may be manifested in our bodies, too. For we who are alive are always being handed over to death for Yeshua's sake, so that Yeshua's LIFE also might be manifested in our mortal bodies. This death is at work in us, but LIFE in you."

I could pick 20 subjects to highlight about this verse, but the one God made very clear to me this morning is in verse 11. ..."so that the LIFE of Yeshua may be manifested in our mortal bodies".

Can you see it? It doesn't say "so that the life of Yeshua may be manifest in our minds, our hearts or our spirits...it says our "mortal bodies". This is fantastic news for EVERYONE who has a mortal body and especially those who are aware of the weakness of their flesh.

Do you struggle with anxiety, depression, physical pain, emotional pain, mental illness, sinful desires, poor physical health? All of these things are symptoms of mortal bodies. Christ died so we could have victory over even our mortal bodies.

I'm not preaching about instant healing and lives without suffering. Read again verses 8- 10. We are guaranteed suffering in this life, but we don't seem to realize that we who trust Jesus with our entire beings have victory over it all because the power of our Enemy is stripped from him through the power of the Risen Savior.

Here is the hidden Truth that is not hidden at all. The Truth will set you free, but you have to feast on it and you have to believe it. You can read the Bible for 50 years and never have victory because you keep it all as intellectual knowledge and never actually put your faith it. Maybe we aren't desperate enough yet? When I got so desperate that I was literally going to die or go insane from my misery I realized I had to grab hold of the Truth if I wanted to live.

Please hear me! This is not easy. I am not saying it is easy. It isn't easy to hold onto the little life saver off the Cruise Ship when you've already been drowning for an hour and you're exhausted in every part of yourself and you don't even want to survive cuz you know the recovery won't even be easy. You'll have to cough up the poisonous sea water for hours, maybe days and you might end up with pneumonia. You'll be achy and soar from the over exertion of your body when you were trying to survive. You might vomit and come down with the flu, BUT YOU WILL LIVE. You won't just survive, you will be FREE. You will LIVE ABUNDANTLY and know joy you never thought was possible in this life.

Why do I believe this? I have lived it and am currently living it. Do you think its possible for everyone, but you? So did I! Do you think you just don't have what it takes to believe or hold on to the Truth? So did I! Sometimes I still feel that way. Yesterday, in fact, I felt that way. But its just a lie trying to keep you bound to your misery and pain. Cry out to Jesus. He has seen every tear, every ache, every heave of your sobbing heart. He has seen every tear you wanted to cry but couldn't because you're so numb and shut down. He has never abandoned you! He is still there calling your name asking you to grab hold. In fact, if you ask Him, He will give you the strength to grab hold. He will put that life preserver around you and you can give up completely so He can carry you to safety and nurse you back to health.

YOU ARE WORTH IT! Please don't reject it. Please don't reject Him again. He is your friend. He misses you. He weeps to be close to you and heal you.

I love you, whoever you are, because God has filled me with His Love and I just can't contain it anymore.

I am praying for YOU!

Please just consider. Try praying again. He is waiting to hear from you.

Jesus bless you always!

No comments:

Post a Comment